Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Great Carpal Tunnel Exercise

So I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome several months back and it was this exercise that made a huge difference. Make sure to repeat the hand positions 10 times, 2 sets a day. If you're working all day do a set before you start, in the middle of your work, and at the end of the day:


The other thing that really helped, when I was in the thick of a writing storm on my laptop, was wearing wrist braces that I purchased at a local pharmacy. If you're not typing a lot, I would just stick to the exercise above, two times a day for a while. It's very nourishing and lubricating for the tendons in your wrists.

The other thing that helped was to take a small rubber band, put all my fingertips of one hand inside it, and stretch them out 10 times in a row. Do this on both hands and make sure to do it two times a day. This is a good resistance exercise to build up the right muscles in your wrists to fight carpal tunnel.

No comments: