Monday, March 23, 2009

Eat Pray Love Encounter With Ketut Liyer


On Saturday, I was at a coffee shop with my husband, working on some web design for my own site, www.lizgrover.com After a while and a few sips of spicy tea, a woman sat down in front of me and proceeded to read a copy of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. Since I had my computer with me, I thought I would interrupt her to show her the picture I took of Ketut Liyer, the mentioned shaman/palm reader in Eat Pray Love. I posted it on my Flickr account, so it was easy just to turn the screen around to show her. I know that she was "in" her book, but I find it fascinating to meet and/or see the faces behind book characters, like I did with Ketut in Bali. I thought she would appreciate it.

She didn't mind the interruption and thought it was so cool to see a picture of him. She said that it was almost exactly what she thought Ketut would look like, so I think that means that Gilbert did a great job describing him in her book. It's a fun and amazing world.

1 comment:

Dr. Agung said...

Hello nice to read this Blog about Mr. Ketut Liyer

Happy Blogs walking with smile