Saturday, February 04, 2012

Coming Out of the Mystic Closet...



I've spent the past 10 years of my life with the realization that I am of a mystic fabric. It hits me in waves, and my awareness has grown in leaps and bounds over time. I am not who I was even five years ago. My psychic sensitivity and my capacity to experience miracles is growing all the time.

It started out with strange "coincidences" and "synchronicities", which I now find hard to label as such--to label these events says that they're something out of the ordinary. The magic associated with these terms is my normal now--it's my every breath and my every moment.

There are some challenges that come with being a modern mystic in the USA--not everyone gets it. Actually, in my earlier days, I couldn't tell most of my friends about my alternative take on reality and about the psychic drum beat that I march to. I would test the waters with some of my friends and quickly be shut down like I was crazy. I was pushed to be a mystic hiding in the closet, but gradually, over time, I found more people who understood my unexplainable life because they were experiencing the same magic too.


It has taken time, but now everyone who is a part of my inner circle of friends is spiritual and psychically gifted to different extents. I only magnetize people who are spiritual and those who work on their personal growth. Anyone who doesn't fit into these categories is always somehow deflected from my field.

The best part is that people who I've known for years--the ones I've had to hide my mystic nature from--are starting to talk to me about synchronicity and magical, mystical happenings. It's thrilling, because I've had unexplainable stories that I've wanted to share with these friends for years. I've held back, because I knew they weren't ready to hear it. But now they want me to share these stories, and it's so exciting. They're somehow waking up to see the world in a new way, and I think my stories give them comfort so they don't think they're crazy for what they're starting to experience.

Finally! I feel like I can be more open about who I am.  There are enough people around me who call the paranormal their normal. I can now officially say that I've come out of my mystic closet. I feel safe to publicly speak this identity in deeper ways, and I feel like I'm a part of the mystic majority. I wonder if there are others who feel this too.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Awesome, wonderful, beautiful! Hooray! You go mystic woman!