Sunday, April 22, 2012

Inner Butterfly

This year is phenomenal, and I know I'm transitioning into something more, something I've never experienced before. It's what I've been working for on all levels: spiritually, professionally, and geographically.

My psychic/spiritual growth is intense. I feel more than ever, and I have to say, it's a blessing, but it hurts. I don't know why I have this gift, but I do. Often times, I feel more than I want to feel from other people--especially the ones I care about the most. I guess it gives me more compassion, but it's hard on my heart and body. It often makes me want to just hide in a cave. I've come to the point where if a dear friend is in physical pain, I can physically feel it as well. If someone is having a bad day, I can feel that too-even if he or she is half way around the globe. Luckily, I know enough to understand when it's not my own stuff, but what to do with it? I wish I could find my Yoda to help me soon (Yoda, if you're reading this now, give a shout out!).


I'm working on some very significant films, feature-length and short. Some are serious. Some are hilarious. Their locations, like myself, span the globe. No surprise there. They address spirituality, yoga, human rights issues, war and intercultural understanding. I've been waiting for these projects for quite some time, and I'm grateful that they're all unfolding in this very moment. 

I've been highly nomadic for the past year. My work and spirit has pulled me all around the world, between India, LA, New Mexico, Colorado and many stops in between. Everywhere I go, I meet reflections of myself. I stumble upon miracles, shamans, artists, and change makers every step of the way. Tis a blessed and adventurous journey. 

Now here's the baffling part that I'm trying to wrap my head around...

I've been sharing my observations of the world, the places and the inspiring people I've met for years on this blog. I've had this very journalistic approach to my writing, but now it's time for something completely different. Even though I'm flying high above the moon with excitement for my work, I can't share it :-(  I have to hold my tongue, because of the sensitive nature of my projects. I can't even mention locations. This is a first for me. That's ok though. It's pushing me in new directions, and I've come to the conclusion that I need to write more about my inner world. I have a hard time sharing myself, but it's what I have to do. So, expect something more "inner" from me and less of the outer. I won't post as many pictures or worldly observations for the rest of the year (and if I do, the places and people shall remain nameless) but I'll do my best to keep it funky and real. I guess this butterfly is going back into a cocoon phase. That's all for now. Butterfly love to all. 



No comments: