Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy January

It's the last day of January, and it's my first blog entry of the month :-) It has been another busy month with lots of abundance. On the first day of January, I was celebrating the New Year in Greenwich Village, NY. I finished edits on a documentary about Iraq's Constitution, and then I flew to Oregon where I hung out for a week, packed my bags, got rained on, and then hit the road for sunny California.


It was funny, because there was a wall of fog and rain right at the Oregon California border. I guess what happens in Oregon stays in Oregon :0) As I drove into California, the clouds parted and the sunny blue sky was back again. I made it through the California fruit check stand (phew!)--yes, there are really state officials who make sure that no exotic fruit crosses the border--and made my way to Mount Shasta and then San Francisco where I stayed with my friend Mary Khan, the Director and Manager of the Ali Akbar College of Music and the wife of the late great Ali Akbar Khan.

I'm finally at my less temporary resting spot--Los Angeles. Right now my speaking, filmmaking and writing careers are all moving to new levels. There's lots going on, and I'm just trying to keep quiet as much as I can before my work takes off to a new and much faster speed. My book was recently endorsed by Chris Guillebeau, Niurka and James O'Dea which means I now officially have a posse backing me up--this posse already includes Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul & Mary and several others who I can't publicly list at this time. I'm co-producing my first film, Scarlet Poppy (see here) and preparing myself for more public speaking opportunities.

Let's see if I can actually keep up with my blogging this year. I will do my best.

Wishing the best of times and abundance to all. Let me know if you're in LA and we'll do lunch or tea.

Love,
Liz

No comments: