Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Guest Post On Girls Trek Too!


I recently had the pleasure of sharing the story of how I found my guru Kali Baba on Girls Trek Too!, the blog of author Cara Lopez Lee. She was kind enough to host me, and I do hope that she will share something from her adventures here at Galactic Stillness. Be on the lookout for her upcoming book, They Only Eat Their Husbands: A Memoir of Alaskan Love, World Travel, and the Power of Running Away

Here's what I wrote:

I was meandering atop a mountain ridge outside of Kathmandu, when I came upon a barren hilltop where one ancient twisting tree stood with a small mud hut beneath it. White sandalwood smoke rolled out from the hut’s shabby door, and I heard nothing but the sharp crackling of a fire speaking in its own language.

I approached the doorway, feeling nervous and confused. I couldn’t see inside, because of the smoke now floating around my head. “Come in! Come in!” a voice said. In proper Asian style, I removed my shoes and walked into the most profound chapter of my life so far.

Upon entering the hut, I could see the face of my host shining through the smoke. His sparkling eyes lit his coffee colored cheeks and nose. He said, “Namaste. Me Kali Baba. You welcome. You sitting. You tea drinking? You name?” Kali Baba held a smoking pipe in his hand, and his mystical air made me feel Alice in Wonderland in the den of the caterpillar... Read the full post at Girl's Trek Too

No comments: