Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mystic Donut


This is another one of my late night inspirational writing sprees, the kind that doesn't let me sleep until I've typed it out. I don't have much to say, but I have to share the story of my manifested donut.

Two nights ago I was watching the Simpsons, which, by the way is now 20 years old! And I've been watching it ever since it came on air! Anyway, I saw a donut on this particular episode and, even though it was just a cartoon donut, I really, really wanted it. I admit I even drooled, and my heart began to pine for a bavarian cream-filled donut with a sweet melty chocolate glaze.

That was it. I finished watching the episode without pondering more on my donut passion and then I went to sleep.

The next morning I embarked on my journey to find a coffee. After I purchased the only substance that I'm really addicted to, I went back to my car. I was just about to shut the door and I heard, "You, hey you! You heard me..." I peeked my head out the door, and low and behold, a man was standing there with a large bucket FULL OF DONUTS!!! He said, "Would you like some donuts to help you enjoy your ride?" I almost heard the angelic choirs sing, but then my logical mind--the one that didn't manifest the donut--came in and said, "You can not eat that donut! It has too many calories!" And that was it. I gave into my mind. I passed on the donut, but it was so cool that the universe brought me to a bucket of donuts the morning after craving just one!

It's fabulous. I wanted a donut with all my heart, and I wasn't even consciously manifesting it. It's almost scary how easy it was. It was one of those, "be careful what you wish for" kind of moments. It's a great reminder for us all. You want it? You can have it, especially when the passion and emotion is there. It can be a donut, a puppy, a career change or peace. You just have to put the love into it. On the flip-side, if I vehemently said, "I hate donuts. I hate 'em! I hate 'em", I could have just as easily manifested that bucket. It's all how you want to play the game. The emotion will attract the details of your life either way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

blog.lizgrover.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

blog.lizgrover.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

After reading you site, Your site is very useful for me .I bookmarked your site!